Personality Type Test
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (Short Form from 1980s)
Instructions: Read carefully and select
the answer which BEST FITS how you USUALLY feel or act.
Also answer according to your natural
tendency, not your adaptational ability.
- When dealing with other people,
which are you more careful or considerate about?
- Meeting strangers feels ….
a. stressful or difficult
b. pleasant or easy
- Schedules are ….
b. too limiting
- Which is more important to you?
- In social settings how do you
- Which is harder for you?
- Which of these best fits you?
- Compared to the average person,
which are you?
- Which social behavior fits you
a. blend in
b. stand out
- Which are you best at?
a. following a plan
- Which kind of work or study do you
- Which quality do you prefer in
a. future vision
b. common sense
- Which characteristic is most like
a. Heart rules your head (emotion over
b. Head rules your heart (logic over
- When something comes up during the
week, how do you handle it?
a. often forget about it until much
b. record it or memorize it
- When talking to other people you …
a. talk easily to most people for
b. are very selective about who talk
to and when
- Which is worse in your opinion?
a. being too empathetic
b. not being sympathetic at all
- Which do you prefer?
- Which do you prefer?
a. planning in advance is nice, and it
is good to follow the plan
b. planning is ok, but not set in
- How easily can new people you meet
tell what you are interested in?
a. instantly to soon
b. only after a long time, or if they
- In daily work you …
a. enjoy pushing deadlines and like a
b. prefer to pace yourself to get done
- In a large group do you ….
a. introduce yourself and others
b. wait to be introduced or asked
- NO QUESTION
WORD PAIRS – Which answer most appeals
- a. punctual b. leisure
- a. justice b. mercy
- a. production b. design
- a. gentle b. firm
- a. uncritical b. critical
- a. calm b. lively
- a. theory b. experience
- a. literal b. figurative
- a. imaginative b.
E / I (Extrovert vs
2b / 2a
5b / 5a
8a / 8b
15a / 15b
19a / 19b
21a / 21b
29b / 29 a
S / N (Sensing vs
4b / 4a
9a / 9b
11a / 11b
12b / 12a
17a / 17b
25a / 25b
31a / 31b
32b / 32a
30a / 30b
T / F (Thinking vs Feeling)
1b / 1a
7b / 7a
13b / 13a
16a / 16b
24a / 24b
27b / 27a
28b / 28a
P / J (Perceiving vs Judging)
3b / 3a
6a / 6b
10b / 10a
14a / 14b
18b / 18a
20a / 20b
23b / 23a
ADD up scores, largest scores dominate
out of 16 possible combinations