10 Steps to Defeating Addiction
(based on the AA 12 Steps without all the God stuff)
1. Admit we were powerless over addiction—that our lives were chaotic and destructive.
2. We are ready to accept help and to help ourselves heal.
3. We begin to develop control techniques over our addiction.
4. We make a moral inventory of ourselves and list improvements to work on.
5. Admit to ourselves, and to others our own faults, and goals.
6. Address all our defects of character on a daily basis.
7. Humbly admit our addictions.
8. Make a list of all persons we have harmed, and be willing to make amends.
9. Use prayer or meditation to improve our consciousness, willpower, and dedication.
10. With these practices we gain more and more control over Addiction gradually.